Mon, Mar 04|
AC Hotel Jackson Ridgeland
Formerly Incarcerated Advocates and Families Summit
A one-day advocacy training for formerly incarcerated advocates and their families.
Time & Location
Mar 04, 2024, 8:00 AM – Mar 05, 2024, 5:00 PM
AC Hotel Jackson Ridgeland, 221 Township Ave, Ridgeland, MS 39157
About the event
This summit is for formerly incarcerated advocates and their families only‼️‼️
All other registrations will be cancelled‼️‼️
Everyone has different bills that they want to advocate for throughout the state of Mississippi. The goal of the Formerly Incarcerated Advocates and Famlies Summit is to:
- Empower you to be more confident and more vocal voice in legislative engagement and advocacy.
- Hear from a former legislature, successful government relations professionals, and a lobbyist.
- Learn about effective techniques to move your legislative agenda forward.
- Network with fellow advocates to make your collective voice stronger.
Attend this one-day interactive training to:
- Create a Public Affairs Strategy Plan (Attend the weekly meetings to receive a copy of a workable template).
- Learn advocacy strategies to keep a bill alive.
- Create a budget even if you have limited resources.
- Participate in a mock legislative meeting with a former legislature.
- Be informed on what to expect this legislative session, where current bills are and project if they will be signed into law.
- Review effective social media and email messaging to get your point across to your legislature.
- Network with likeminded formerly incarcerated advocates and their families.
Ready to elevate you advocacy skills? Register today!
This summit is for formerly incarcerated advocates and their families only!